Terms & Conditions - Page 2
4. Products, Offers and Selling
HalalSurf maintains an organised, centralised product catalogue. Sellers may submit an offer to sell against an existing product listing or submit new product listings to HalalSurf’s catalogue. You must accurately describe your item and all terms of sale in your HalalSurf store.
A product is an entry in HalalSurf’s organised product catalogue. Should a product not exist in HalalSurf’s catalogue, sellers may submit new product listings, where upon approval they will become a part of HalalSurf’s catalogue and the property of HalalSurf.
Your product listings may only include text descriptions, graphics, pictures and other content relevant to the sale of that item. All products must be listed in an appropriate category. Each listing must accurately and completely describe the product for sale in that listing. Each unique item must have its own listing.
HalalSurf strongly discourages sellers from creating and submitting duplicate product listings to HalalSurf’s catalogue in order to keep the catalogue clean and easy for buyers to use.
An offer is a seller’s proposal to sell a given quantity of product at a given price. All offers on HalalSurf must be for sale. By making an offer to sell on the Site you warrant that you and all aspects of the item comply with HalalSurf's published policies. You also warrant that you may legally sell the item.
HalalSurf strongly discourages sellers from offering products for sale which you do not have in-stock, or have immediate access to via a reliable supply chain.
All sellers are strongly encouraged to outline store policies for their HalalSurf store. These policies may include, for example, shipping, returns and selling policies. Sellers must create reasonable policies in good faith and must abide by such policies. All store policies must comply with HalalSurf's site-wide policies. Sellers are responsible for enforcing their own reasonable store policies. HalalSurf reserves the right to request that a seller modify a store policy.
Sellers are responsible for accurately listing their offers, and buyers are responsible for reading the description of products before making a purchase. All sales are binding. The seller is obligated to ship the order or otherwise complete the transaction with the buyer in a prompt manner, typically 48 hours or less, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. The buyer is obligated to deliver appropriate payment for items purchased, unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
The price stated in each product offer must be an accurate representation of the sale. Sellers may charge reasonable shipping and handling fees to cover the costs for packaging and shipping orders. Sellers may not charge excessive shipping fees or otherwise attempt to avoid fees. You may not alter the item's price after a sale for the purpose of avoiding HalalSurf transaction fees, misrepresent the item's location, or use another user's account without permission.
5. Prohibited, Questionable and Infringing Items and Activities
You are solely responsible for your conduct and activities on and regarding to HalalSurf and any and all data, text, information, usernames, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, items, and links (together, "Content") that you submit, post, and display on HalalSurf.
Your Content and your use of HalalSurf shall not:
1. Be false, inaccurate or misleading
2. Be fraudulent or involve the sale of illegal, counterfeit or stolen items
3. Infringe upon any third-party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy.
4. Violate this Agreement, HalalSurf Guidelines, Seller Guidelines, any site policy or community guidelines, or any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising)
5. Contain items that have been identified by the Malaysia Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs, Ministry of International Trading and Industries and other global bodies such as the U.S.Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) as hazardous to consumers and therefore subject to a recall
6. Be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening, unlawfully harassing, impersonate or intimidate any person (including HalalSurf staff or other users), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, through for example, the use of similar email address, nicknames, or creation of false account(s) or any other method or device
7. Interfere with a seller’s business or store
8. Be obscene, pornograhpic or contain child pornography
9. Be politically critical, culturally or religiously offensive, contrary to the public interest or a threat to national security
10. Be contrary to Sharia Law, rules, morals, ethics, values and traditions
11. Contain or transmit any code of a destructive nature that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information
12. Modify, adapt or hack HalalSurf or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with HalalSurf;
13. Appear to create liability for HalalSurf or cause HalalSurf to lose (in whole or in part) the services of HalalSurf's ISPs or other suppliers
The following types of items are prohibited on HalalSurf:
Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia, and Medical Drug Claims
1. Alcohol and Tobacco products
2. E-cigarettes and E-liquid, including all forms of vaporizers and smokeables and their components such as atomizers, drip tips, and e-cigarette batteries
3. Shisha, tobacco for shisha, including all forms of accessories and components.
4. Drugs and intoxicating herbal substances, including substances used for recreational and medicinal purposes, regardless of their legality
5. Drug paraphernalia, including for example, items with a carburetor; slides and / or items with a slide; bongs and bubblers; and vaporizers
6. Medical drugs or listings that contain medical drug claims. Medical Drug claims are statements that claim a causal relationship between a substance and the prevention, healing, or treatment of a physical condition or disease. A listing must not make such claims in the presentation of an item, including the title, description, tags, or images in the listing.
Animals and Certain Animal Products
1. Live Animals
2. Items derived from or created using any animal species designated as threatened or endangered by the US and Malaysian Endangered Species Act, including the following animals and all subspecies.
3. Items derived from or created using pigs including pork and its by-products.
4. Ivory or bones from ivory-producing animals such as whales or elephants are also prohibited, including tusks, elk ivory, fossilized ivory, and wooly mammoth ivory.
5. Items made from human remains
Food & Drink Products
1. Any food or drink products that are not Halal
2. Any food or drink products that include pork and its by-products
3. Any food or drink products that contain alcohol
Pharmaceuticals & Nutritional Products
1. Any pharmaceuticals or nutritional products that require a license, unless you have a license to sell them into the jurisdiction that you are shipping them into
1. Any items that explicitly promote gambling
Religious Items, Musical Instruments
1. Unless they are Islamic in nature, any items including books, content artefacts, other paraphernalia or any other such item which is likely to affect religious sentiments
Pornography and Sexual Content
1. Pornography of any sort is prohibited on HalalSurf
2. Items of an overtly sexual nature, including sex toys, BDSM items and any items explicitly intended for sexual use that may be culturally sensitive
Hazardous Materials, Recalled Items, and Weapons
1. Hazardous Materials, for example, explosives (fireworks or sparklers), flammable items (including liquids or loose matches), gases, radioactive material, toxic substances (such as poisons)
2. Items that have been recalled by governments or manufacturers
3. Items that present an unreasonable risk of harm, even if they have not been the subject of a recall. This would include, for example, items that present a choking hazard
4. Weapons of any kind that are intended to inflict harm on a person
5. Guns, knives or other blatant weapons
6. Imitation weapons that looks real unless used for show piece
Items that Promote, Support, or Glorify Hatred
1. Items promote, support or glorify hatred toward people or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender or disability.
2. Items that support or commemorate current or historical hate groups, including propaganda or collectibles. Examples of hate groups include Nazi or Neo-Nazi groups, Ku Klux Klan (KKK) groups, white supremacist group or misogynist groups.
3. Items that contain racial slurs or derogatory terms in reference to protected groups.
Illegal Items, Items Promoting Illegal Activity, Highly Regulated Items and Internationally Regulated Items
1. Illegal items, items that promote illegal activity, including counterfeit or stolen items, are not allowed
2. Items that are restricted by having to be licensed to sell, unless you have a license to sell them in the jurisdiction that you are shipping them to, including chemicals, pharmaceuticals, nutritional products and some types of food
3. HalalSurf provides a direct connection between buyers and sellers around the world. That means that when you enter into a transaction across international borders, you are responsible for complying with international trade restrictions, regardless of your location
Items that Promote, Support, or Glorify Violence
1. Items that promote, support or glorify acts of violence or harm towards self or others, including credible threats of harm or violence towards self or others.
2. Items that glorify human suffering or tragedies, including items that commemorate or honor serial killers
3. Items that attempt to exploit natural disasters or human tragedies
4. Items that encourage, glorify, or celebrate acts of violence against individuals or groups
5. Items that encourage self-mutilation, starvation, or other self-harm